Sunday, August 18, 2013

Black Barbie 1980 Reissue~ Barbie Saturday

Barbie Saturday on a Sunday! Honestly, I don't know what happened to yesterday. Saturday flew by so fast and I'm absolutely positive that had nothing to do with the time I spent playing Candy Crush on Facebook!

Today, I'm showing off  a reissue Barbie doll. She's Black Barbie from 1980.


She's wearing a belted red, sparkly dress with a gold collar. Red heels and red earrings complete her outfit. Isn't her hair amazing? I love the style!


I found her on clearance at Target for only $11. I couldn't pass up a deal like that.


Barbie comes with an additional outfit: a white suit with matching heels, a gold collar, belt and purse. Two things come to mind everytime I look at this white outfit: John Travolta, wearing his white suit, in Saturday Night Fever and the song Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gees.


The doll also comes with a reissue of Barbie's World of Fashion from 1979 (bottom right).


Thanks so much for your visit today!
~Michelle



2 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Long live disco.

No, seriously though? She's awesome.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

She is stunning! I would have bought one, too! I love dolls and this is a great deal!