Friday, January 25, 2013

Flu Time = Movie Time

Anyone else been hit with the flu? I just got over a two week case of the flu. After a week, I was feeling better and then we had some warm weather (we hit 70!). So like a ding-a-ling, I ran around in short sleeves and the flu crept back in... Ugh!

Anyway, being housebound, I decided to make the most of my time by catching up on some movies.

First up, I re-watched The Dark Knight Rises.


I received the DVD for a Christmas gift and couldn't resist popping it in the player. I don't know about anyone else, but Christian Bale is my favorite Batman. Michael Keaton used to be number one, but alas, he's now my number two. As for Anne Hathaway-- Worst Catwoman Ever.

I watched The Odd Life of Timothy Green with Jennifer Garner and Joel Edgerton. I thought this was really good. It's a sweet movie with a happy ending, though I did cry during a couple of scenes.

And then there were The Hunger Games, with Jennifer Laurence.  Definitely a good movie, but not for me. I think if I was younger, I'd've enjoyed it more. The plot of this movie is that the government takes 12 boys and 12 girls, from different districts, and places them in the woods. They must fight to the death until only one remains. The government films the kids and airs it as a reality show.

I also watched The Big Year with Steve Martin, Jack Black and Owen Wilson. I didn't think I'd like this movie as it stars three male actors and a bird theme, but I loved it. I thought it'd be more of a guy movie, but it's not. It's funny and charming and simply great. Of course, Steve Martin is one of my favorite actors, so I might be slightly biased :) 


Then TNT and FX each aired a Brad Pitt movie.  The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a movie that I've resisted watching, but it was on late at night and I was wide awake and thought, why not? It's so good. Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett are amazing. It's about a boy who's born old, then ages backward as he grows up.  Inglorious Basterds is fabulous. Brad Pitt leads a group of men, who ambush Nazis in WWII.  Quentin Tarantino, director and writer, is a great visionary when it comes to making movies.

Hope everyone is staying healthy!
~Michelle


2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you are feeling better. I agree with you -- Christian Bale is the best Batman. Hathaway does great in Les Miserables if you like watching movies in which Russell Crowe and Hugh Jackman sing. (I personally do! LOL!)

Linda M. said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Thanks for your visit and comment. Hope you get well soon! Joyous Wishes, Linda