Wednesday, October 13, 2010

White Wednesday

White Wednesday, hosted by Faded Charm, has arrived!

I have always been fascinated by mermaids. While shopping at one of my favorite stores, which is now out of business, I came across this beauty.


For a brief time as a child, I wanted to be a mermaid. And occasionally, as an adult, that fantasy sneaks back in and I think how great it'd be... to be a siren of the sea... to spend endless hours swimming in the ocean, sunning myself on rocks and collecting shiny objects.


But then, I start to remember things like... I'm not a good swimmer... I don't eat seafood... Saltwater wreaks havoc on my hair... I like my toes... Ocean water is really, really dark at night... and sharks scare me!


Thanks for visiting my White Wednesday!

Seashells and white sand courtesy of the beaches of Siesta Key.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Mermaids are neat-such mystery-great find!

Cindy said...

I love your sweet little mermaid and you write very well. I don't like the dark swirling water, I have never wanted to be anything but fully human and I stay out of water. I do love to look at it, mind you! Lakes, rivers, ponds and the ocean are some of my favorite things in the whole world.
Hugs, Cindy

Kathleen said...

She's lovely!